Welcoming the announcement of the world's largest wave power scheme, Dr Richard Dixon, Director of Friends of the Earth Scotland, said:
"This is great news. Wave power has a huge role to play in making clean, green electricity around the world and Scotland is a global leader in developing this technology. Congratulations to Aquamarine for developing this large-scale proposal.
"Scotland's energy future looks bright, with large and small scale renewables and energy efficiency set us on course to say goodbye to fossil fuels and nuclear power."
For media enquiries, please contact:
Per Fischer, Press Office, Friends of the Earth Scotland
t: 0131 243 2719
1. Aquamarine Power secures full consent for 40MW Lewis wave energy farm:
2. Friends of the Earth Scotland is
* Scotland’s leading environmental campaigning organisation
* An independent Scottish charity with a network of thousands of supporters and active local groups across Scotland
* Part of the largest grassroots environmental network in the world, uniting over 2 million supporters, 77 national member groups, and some 5,000 local activist groups - covering every continent.